Labourer wanted for growing team – training provided
Due to the fantastic growth of the business, we need a labourer to work across Greater Manchester and Cheshire. This is a brilliant opportunity to integrate yourself into a thriving forward-thinking business. And if you’re looking to map out a career in construction, it could also be your gateway into learning a trade that will stand you in good stead for decades to come. For the right person, we will support you in completing your chosen apprenticeship.
What we need from you:
- Mobility – you’ll need your own transport to get to the jobs.
- A polite, respectful attitude, and communication skills to talk to the customer when we’re not there.
- Clean and tidy appearance – we all wear the Trafford Builders red sweatshirts and high viz jackets.
- Great work ethic and can-do attitude.
What you’ll get from us:
- Regular income at the living wage or above.
- Self-employed contractor status, where we’ll deduct tax at source for you.
- The stimulation of being part of a team of tradesmen who will teach you on site and encourage you
- For the right person we’ll consider an apprenticeship, and we will seek funding for you through our network of contacts with local trades skills bodies.
Trafford Builders MD Ben Pepper is excited about this expansion to the team, because it moves forward the strategy to grow our team from scratch. Here he explains the rationale behind TB’s people policies:
“We pay at least the living wage – because people have got to live. A fair wage instills a basis for a good relationship with somebody who comes in at the entry level and who wants to work their way up.”
He adds: “It doesn’t matter whether you’re digging out foundations or laying bricks, you’re still looked upon as part of the team. It might be me and Ken who need to dig the hole. But it needs doing. There’s no pecking order – we do it as a team.”
Ben believes that treating the team well carries through to the client and creates a positive on-site atmosphere in someone’s home.
“The client will see how we treat our staff and see how we train our staff so as we’re working on site there will be an element of share and learn from each trade and that’s down to whoever’s on site at the time. We integrate our staff so they can communicate with the client. And we give them challenging work so they feel stimulated and part of a committed group environment.”
If this sounds like your cup of builder’s brew then give Ben a call on 07817 331 149.